Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Something to Share

As mentioned before one of my all time favourite books is "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert. I came across this book only through flipping the channels and stopping on the Oprah channel  about three years ago. I don't remember how it caught my eye but I know for sure I was attatched to follow her story from day one (Alright, so who doesn't follow Oprahs Bookclub?) . This brilliant story is a true story of the authors life.
Elizabeth's experience starts off tragic. She is beaten and struggles from her unhappy marriage. She explained that her life was perfect and was a life of which many people dream of having. Her husband was a wealthy man, he gave her everything, never beat and just loved her. her  But through this life she questioned herself and asked "Whose life am I living in? Who am I married to? Whose values are these? Whose body is this?"
Even though she knew that many people would love to have a life like hers she knew in her heart she had to leave. Elizabeth then goes on a journey around the world to rediscouver herself and to find peace within herself. Throughout this book I have learnt that life isn't just being perfect but that how we live our life to our wants and dreams. In know this book has inspired me and I hope it will do the same for those who are reading my blog now

To any of my blog followers I greatly suggest picking up this book or at least grab the movie!



Follow Elizabeth's Site   http://www.elizabethgilbert.com/eatpraylove.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment